Thursday, August 05, 2004

praying for bicycle thief

This is a letter to the person or persons who stole my grandson's bicycle, which was chained to a telephone pole in front of my house. It was a fairly new bicycle, one that would take my 11-year-old grandson to school, to visit friends and family or just to enjoy himself when God gives us beautiful weather to enjoy.

Do you carry bolt cutters around with you to commit your crimes? Did you really need my grandson's bicycle? Or did you sell it for the use of other things that make you feel good? If you knew what a gentle, quiet spirit my grandson has, would you still have stolen it?

I cannot stay angry at you, but I pray for you that someday you will change your heart. And in changing your heart, you will one day do good.

ELLEN HICKMAN
YORK CITY

York Daily News

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?